I am Edouard Thieuleux from Bordeaux in France (near Saint-Emilion for the wines lovers), founder of AbcSupplyChain.
I first left home to complete my double degree in Engineering / Commerce in the north of France:
- Ecole Centrale de Lille (Iteem department) : Specialized Master in Logistics and Supply Chain
- Master of Science at SKEMA Business School : Project Management & Business Development
Diplomas are a good first base but I have especially developed my Supply Chain skills during my last 15 years of experience working on exciting projects in companies in 5 different countries:
In very different industries :
- Mass Retailing
With different companies of different size :
- Global firms operating in more than 60 countries like Decathlon, Coty or Red bull
- Fast-growing SMEs
- Retailers having to renew their plan with the emergence of E-commerce platforms
- VSEs with entrepreneurs who have neither the time nor the resources to optimize their supply
With products with very different characteristics:
In every position :
- Intern / trainee in warehouse
- Supply Chain/ Logistic / Omni-Commerce project manager
- Development of supply algorithms in partnership with the MIT
- Demand Planning Manager
- S&OP Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain Director
- Supply Chain Consultant
And regardless language or industry, I have always faced the same challenge:
“How to find the perfect balance between the right inventory management and a profitable supply chain while guaranteeing customer satisfaction.”
To answer this question, I asked myself :
- What are the best companies in the world in terms of supply chain and inventory management
- How do they operate?
- Who are the best experts?
- Which methods work best?
- What are the best algorithms and mathematical formulas?
- What are the best tools and software?
- What are the best Excel? (And yes, everyone still uses Excel even with an ERP costing million of euros).
- What are the right KPIs to measure its performance?
- How to maintain performance over the long term?
This site is aimed above all at entrepreneurs, employees and self-employed people who wish to have simple and concrete answers to the above questions.
Contrary to what some experts or consultants may claim, optimizing your supply chain is not so complicated, but it requires 5 key points:
- Time (you need some to take a step back and look at what to do)
- Reliable data
- Clear methods
- Simple tools
- Regular monitoring
This platform has simple goals :
- Helping you analyze your data with simple methods to define the right priorities
- Improving the performance of your inventory management and supply chain management
- Proposing concrete, quick and effective actions…
- … Using tools, methods and software adapted to your business and budget
And all this with the sole aim of improving your profitability and customer satisfaction in the simplest possible way.
I hope we can help as many of you as possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Edouard Thieuleux – AbcSupplyChain Founder